A very tasty and healthy snack recipe, let alone the benefits of dates, chia seeds and coconut. The perfect treat for gourmands.
Preparation time: 1 hour 45 minutes
Cooking time: 0 minutes
- 12 Medjool dates
- 1 cup almond meal
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut, plus 1/3 cup extra for rolling
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 1/3 cup cacao powder
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- Place the Medjool dates in a small glass bowl. Pour in enough water to cover and let them sit for about an hour. Drain and remove pits.
- Transfer to a blender, followed by the shredded coconut, almond meal, coconut oil, chia seeds and cacao powder and pulse until the mixture is well blended.
- Scrape the sides down and let it stand for 15 minutes.
- Shape the mixture into small balls and roll them in the remaining coconut until evenly coated.
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes and enjoy.
Check out the Paleo Cookbook and get over 200+ delicious Paleo recipes that will make you look and feel better, and help you become a “Paleo Pro” in the kitchen.